Downloads and Mixes
Advertising EnquiriesFor advertising enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- Bob Marley Celebrates Double Anniversary
- British Dancehall DJ Gabriel Heatwave on the Politics of Jamaican Music
- Real Life Review 2013: Bashment Vibes in Boscobel, St Mary, Jamaica
- Festival Review: Sting, 26 December 2013 @ Jamworld, Portmore, Jamaica
- Henry Jackson on The £100m Reggae Robbery: Part 3
- Junior Rodigan on Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- suk samra on Listen and Buy: Classic 1990s Dancehall Mix
- Phillip gadd on Golden Touch: British Dancehall Rapper Mr Midas talks Social Media and Mixtapes
- Sean on Top 10 Dark and Scary Dancehall Songs
Tag Archives: Vybz Kartel
On Thursday 13 March, Vybz Kartel (real name, Adidja Palmer) was found guilty of murdering former associate Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams following a 65 day trial – the longest in Jamaica’s judicial history, writes Nadine White.
Over the past decade, London-based sound system The Heatwave have built a solid reputation among 18 to 30-year-old dancehall fans as Britain’s premier party hosts. We’d planned to sit down and chat with DJ and founder Gabriel on several occasions, … Continue reading
Natty B – Reggae Chart Show – 4th August by Choice Fm on Mixcloud Natty B – Reggae Chart Show – 25th August by Choice Fm on Mixcloud Last month, we did two radio interviews with DJ Natty B on … Continue reading
The Bashment Show 15th August 2013 by Joe Grime on Mixcloud Having earned his stripes juggling alongside top sound systems on east London’s notoriously competitive party circuit in the early 2000s, Joe Grime is one of the UK’s hardest working, … Continue reading
Ex-So Solid Crew producer JD aka Dready, the man who brought together Mavado and London-based rapper Chipmunk for the hits Every Gyal and More Money More Gyal, has dropped another first class collaboration.
A few weeks back, we hooked up with our friends British sound system The Heatwave who were visiting Jamaica for the first time, writes Orantes Moore. We had a good chat (look out for the interview later this month) and … Continue reading
British rapper Serocee is a veteran of the underground dancehall and hip hop scenes who first caught our attention back in 2006 with his debut release, Life. The track, which samples the Gaylads’ reggae classic Joy in the Morning , … Continue reading
Roy ‘Bugle‘ Thompson is one of the world’s top underground rappers and arguably the most underrated artist on the dancehall circuit. In the interview below, he talks about his struggle to stay independent, forthcoming album with Sly and Robbie, and … Continue reading
Vybz Kartel’s latest release, Business , is an ex-rated banger produced by Linton White of TJ Records and most likely recorded long after October 2011 when the rapper was remanded into custody on a murder charge.