Downloads and Mixes
Advertising EnquiriesFor advertising enquiries email email@example.com
- Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- Bob Marley Celebrates Double Anniversary
- British Dancehall DJ Gabriel Heatwave on the Politics of Jamaican Music
- Real Life Review 2013: Bashment Vibes in Boscobel, St Mary, Jamaica
- Festival Review: Sting, 26 December 2013 @ Jamworld, Portmore, Jamaica
- Henry Jackson on The £100m Reggae Robbery: Part 3
- Junior Rodigan on Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- suk samra on Listen and Buy: Classic 1990s Dancehall Mix
- Phillip gadd on Golden Touch: British Dancehall Rapper Mr Midas talks Social Media and Mixtapes
- Sean on Top 10 Dark and Scary Dancehall Songs
Tag Archives: Super Cat
Earlier this month, we travelled to the rural parish of St Ann, where Bob Marley was born, to celebrate the 24th anniversary of world famous sound system Bass Odyssey.
British rapper Serocee is a veteran of the underground dancehall and hip hop scenes who first caught our attention back in 2006 with his debut release, Life. The track, which samples the Gaylads’ reggae classic Joy in the Morning , … Continue reading
Over the past five years, British blogger and journalist Marvin Sparks has earned a reputation interviewing hip-hop and r&b stars, but describes himself as a writer with ‘a passion for music and Jamaican culture’. His blog and Twitter feed (@MarvinSparks) … Continue reading
Did you know legendary dancehall MC Super Cat was influential in helping to launch the careers of Mary J Blige, Puff Daddy and Notorious BIG?
Below are extracts from interviews with Sean Paul published in New Nation newspaper between 2002 and 2006. His latest album, Tomahawke Technique is out now. What is your heritage? My mother’s mother was born in Coventry, England, but the rest … Continue reading
Producer Dre Skull has joined forces with the guys at Vice media company to release a deluxe edition of his 2011 album with Vybz Kartel, Kingston Story. To celebrate the collaborative re-issue, Caribbean lifestyle magazine Large Up has compiled a … Continue reading