Downloads and Mixes
Advertising EnquiriesFor advertising enquiries email email@example.com
- Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- Bob Marley Celebrates Double Anniversary
- British Dancehall DJ Gabriel Heatwave on the Politics of Jamaican Music
- Real Life Review 2013: Bashment Vibes in Boscobel, St Mary, Jamaica
- Festival Review: Sting, 26 December 2013 @ Jamworld, Portmore, Jamaica
- Henry Jackson on The £100m Reggae Robbery: Part 3
- Junior Rodigan on Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- suk samra on Listen and Buy: Classic 1990s Dancehall Mix
- Phillip gadd on Golden Touch: British Dancehall Rapper Mr Midas talks Social Media and Mixtapes
- Sean on Top 10 Dark and Scary Dancehall Songs
Tag Archives: Shabba Ranks
Dear readers: as some of you may know, I left London in October 2012 with the intention of travelling to Boscobel, a small fishing village in the historic parish of St Mary on the north coast of Jamaica, to stay with … Continue reading
A few weeks back, we hooked up with our friends British sound system The Heatwave who were visiting Jamaica for the first time, writes Orantes Moore. We had a good chat (look out for the interview later this month) and … Continue reading
British rapper Serocee is a veteran of the underground dancehall and hip hop scenes who first caught our attention back in 2006 with his debut release, Life. The track, which samples the Gaylads’ reggae classic Joy in the Morning , … Continue reading
Omar ‘Omi‘ Pasley, is the latest protégé of super-producer Clifton ‘Specialist’ Dillon, the man behind crossover anthems such as Flex (Cobra) and Mr Loverman (Shabba Ranks) . Below, the talented 20-something-year-old talks about working with reggae legends Sly Dunbar and … Continue reading
Times are tough and people are stressed, but talented Jamaican newcomer Omi has delivered the perfect remedy with his catchy love song Cheerleader, writes Nadine White.
20 years ago today, British journalist and broadcaster Mark Lemarr singlehandedly changed the face of dancehall music by ending Shabba Ranks’ mainstream career.
Today marks exactly 20 years since Shabba Ranks won a Grammy award for his landmark album Xtra Naked .
Over the past five years, British blogger and journalist Marvin Sparks has earned a reputation interviewing hip-hop and r&b stars, but describes himself as a writer with ‘a passion for music and Jamaican culture’. His blog and Twitter feed (@MarvinSparks) … Continue reading
Check out the video for Collie Buddz’ latest single, Won’t Be Long, which was released earlier this week.