Downloads and Mixes
Advertising EnquiriesFor advertising enquiries email email@example.com
- Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- Bob Marley Celebrates Double Anniversary
- British Dancehall DJ Gabriel Heatwave on the Politics of Jamaican Music
- Real Life Review 2013: Bashment Vibes in Boscobel, St Mary, Jamaica
- Festival Review: Sting, 26 December 2013 @ Jamworld, Portmore, Jamaica
- Henry Jackson on The £100m Reggae Robbery: Part 3
- Junior Rodigan on Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- suk samra on Listen and Buy: Classic 1990s Dancehall Mix
- Phillip gadd on Golden Touch: British Dancehall Rapper Mr Midas talks Social Media and Mixtapes
- Sean on Top 10 Dark and Scary Dancehall Songs
Tag Archives: Bob Marley
50 years ago today, Bob Marley and the Wailers’ debut release, Simmer Down, topped the Jamaican music chart.
Over the past decade, London-based sound system The Heatwave have built a solid reputation among 18 to 30-year-old dancehall fans as Britain’s premier party hosts. We’d planned to sit down and chat with DJ and founder Gabriel on several occasions, … Continue reading
The Bashment Show 15th August 2013 by Joe Grime on Mixcloud Having earned his stripes juggling alongside top sound systems on east London’s notoriously competitive party circuit in the early 2000s, Joe Grime is one of the UK’s hardest working, … Continue reading
Winston ‘Niney the Observer’ Holness is one of the reggae industry’s founding fathers and an unsung hero of Jamaican music. As an artist, he is best known for his 1971 roots anthem Blood and Fire , but his production and … Continue reading
British rapper Serocee is a veteran of the underground dancehall and hip hop scenes who first caught our attention back in 2006 with his debut release, Life. The track, which samples the Gaylads’ reggae classic Joy in the Morning , … Continue reading
Legendary drummer, percussionist and singer Bongo Herman is one of reggae’s few remaining living legends having featured on Rasta anthems such as Satta Massagana and Know Fari since the late 1960s. In the interview below, Herman talks about the problem … Continue reading
Last month, Nielsen Sound Scan, the organisation that tracks music sales across the US, Britain, Canada and Japan, revealed the compilation Legend: Bob Marley and The Wailers had become the 9th best-selling album of all-time. Legend has been certified platinum … Continue reading