Downloads and Mixes
Advertising EnquiriesFor advertising enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- Bob Marley Celebrates Double Anniversary
- British Dancehall DJ Gabriel Heatwave on the Politics of Jamaican Music
- Real Life Review 2013: Bashment Vibes in Boscobel, St Mary, Jamaica
- Festival Review: Sting, 26 December 2013 @ Jamworld, Portmore, Jamaica
- Henry Jackson on The £100m Reggae Robbery: Part 3
- Junior Rodigan on Has the Jamaican Community Become Desensitized to Murder?
- suk samra on Listen and Buy: Classic 1990s Dancehall Mix
- Phillip gadd on Golden Touch: British Dancehall Rapper Mr Midas talks Social Media and Mixtapes
- Sean on Top 10 Dark and Scary Dancehall Songs
Category Archives: Gigs
What: London Rumble sound clash
Earlier this month, we travelled to the rural parish of St Ann, where Bob Marley was born, to celebrate the 24th anniversary of world famous sound system Bass Odyssey.
Sumfest is billed as ‘The World’s Greatest Reggae Show’ and after 21 years of delivering top quality concerts, it’s pretty hard to argue with that description. The event (we’d call it a festival back in Britain), which is held annually … Continue reading
Legendary Jamaican soundsystems Volcano (founded by producer Henry ‘Junjo’ Lawes and selector Danny Dread) and King Sturgav (founded by rap godfather U Roy), joined forces to perform at the O2 in Brixton, south London last week, but despite a great … Continue reading
Last week, Bashment Vibes was privileged to gain VIP access to the annual Dennis Brown Tribute Concert, which took place in Kingston, Jamaica, on Sunday evening. Best described as a massive street party to celebrate what would have been the … Continue reading
What: Somerset Falls Splash Festival
What: Our weekly party with music from the Bashment Vibes sound system Where: The Alibi,91 Kingsland High Street, Dalston, London E8 2PB
What: Mudd Up bashment party Where: Shackwell Arms, 71 Shackwell Lane, Dalston, London E8 2EB
What: Rootikal Where: East Village, 89 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3HX